First and foremosts...
(1) Ministry Leadership Breakfast Meeting... TOMORROW (Saturday Apr 01) at 8:30 AM (for about 90 minutes) in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center. All ministry leaders are strongly encouraged to attend -- especially as Holy Week is approaching! This is NOT an April Fool's Joke :-)
(2) Youth Sunday is this Sunday (Apr 02) when the youth will act as ushers/usherettes and will deliver the readings and the prayers of the people.
(3) Hope for the Hungry -- STOREHOUSE SUNDAY... This Sunday Apr 02 when we'll be collecting canned proteins, baby food & diapers (sizes 2-3-4), clothing and cash/checks (payable to Hope with Storehouse on the memo line).
(4) Fellowship Hour... If the Spirit moves you, bring a snack to share
(5) Men's Monthly Fellowship & Bible Study... meets on Tuesday Apr 04 at 6:15 PM for dinner followed by bible study until 8:00 PM. Meal cost is $5.00 -- sign up this Sunday to attend.
(6) Something's Brewing... ON HOLD until after Easter... Stay tuned!
(7) Wednesday Lenten Soup Suppers and Teachings... NO MORE SCHEDULED FOR THE REMAINDER OF LENT. Padre will continue this series this Fall. Stay tuned!
(8) WOMEN OF THE GOSPEL WITNESS JESUS... This three-act play, written and directed by Deacon Jane Ross, will be performed here at Hope at 7:00 PM on Friday Apr 07. Free will offering. All actresses to be in Classroom A -- in costume -- by 6:15 PM.
Remaining Rehearsal Schedule:
-- Sunday Apr 02 (12:00 PM to 2:30 PM) -- Acts I and II (not the Passover Table scene) -- wear costumes (not aprons) -- bring a snack if you'd like (lunch not provided)
-- Wednesday Apr 05 (6:30 PM to ~ 9:00 PM) -- DRESS REHEARSAL and FILMING !! Be in nave in costume by 6:30 PM (play and filming begin promptly at 7:00 PM) -- group photo promptly at end of play.
(9) YOU ARE INVITED to join the Daughters of the King AND Women's Monthly Fellowship who are joining forces Saturday Apr 08... to make crosses from palm fronds to be distributed to the congregation on Palm Sunday. Bring a small pair of scissors!
(10) Church Photo Directory is now available. To cover the cost of color printing, we're asking for a donation of $3.00/copy. RED WILL PRINT THEM OUT AS SHE RECEIVES REQUESTS and get them to you the following Sunday.
(11) Martin Luther: The Idea that Changed the World... a one-night move event docu-drama celebrating the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation. Thursday Apr 20 at 6:30 PM at the Regal Winrock Theater. All tickets MUST be purchased in advance. For more information and to purchase tickets, go to http://albuquerque.NewLutherMovie.com for more information. To view the trailer for the film, go to https://vimeo.com/154364811
(12) 2017 Bible Challenge...
-- Apr 03: Psalm 66
-- Apr 04: Psalm 67
-- Apr 05: Psalm 68
-- Apr 06: Psalm 69
-- Apr 07: Psalm 70
(13) OFFICE SUPPLIES NEEDED... We are in need of 8-1/2 x 11 white paper. Thank you for your generosity!!
Our regular programming...
(1) Sunday Eucharist this Sunday Apr 02 at 10:00 AM
-- Youth Group meets at 9:00 AM downstairs in Classroom D
-- Children's Sunday School meets at 9:45 AM downstairs in Classroom E
(2) PLEASE NOTE ==> Children's Sunday School schedule for PALM SUNDAY and EASTER SUNDAY:
-- On PALM SUNDAY, the children will participate in the Palm Sunday procession around the Church at 10:00 AM -- they'll attend Sunday School AFTER the procession
-- On EASTER SUNDAY, the children will assemble the fresh flower Easter cross at 9:45 AM. They will process to the altar between the acolytes and the clergy at the start of the service and will remain in the nave for the service.
(3) Weekly Bible Study (David: More than a Conqueror) meets Tuesday Apr 04 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center.
(4) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM downstairs in Classroom B.
See you Sunday!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116