First and foremosts...
(1) Red Flying the Coop on Wed - Thu - Fri next week... There will NOT be a Weekly Email Blast !! next week. So, please take note of these reminders for the next two weeks -- and check our website for updated information !!
(2) This Sunday
-- Last Sunday of the Month... as usual, loose plate offering this Sunday is designated to go to the Rector's Discretionary Fund
-- Daughters of the King - Service of Admission... Linda Owens will be admitted as a new member. Please join us following the service to celebrate with a piece of cake!
(3) Something's Brewing... next get together on Wednesday Aug 30 at 6:00 PM at The Whole Hog.
(4) Office Will Be Closed on Friday Sep 01 and Monday Sep 04
(5) Hope for the Hungry -- Storehouse... NEXT SUNDAY SEP 03... when we'll be collecting canned proteins, baby food, diapers (sizes 2-3-4), clothing, cash & checks.
(6) Adult (Men & Women) Weekly Bible Study begins Tuesday Sep 05... The Temple in the City of God: II Samuel -- join us in this exciting study of God's ongoing desire to live among his people.
(7) Men's Monthly Fellowship & Bible Study... meets on Tuesday Sep 05 for dinner at 6:15 PM and Bible Study from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Dinner cost = $5.00
(8) Hope for the Hungry -- The Rock... set for Friday Sep 08 at 11:00 AM. As of this writing, no one has signed up to help. Since Gail Hartman will be out of town, we need someone to pick up the large toiletries donations made and deliver them on Sep 08.
(9) Children's Sunday School starts on Sunday Sep 10 at 9:45 AM.
(10) Fr. Dan's 10th Anniversary at Hope Celebration Luncheon Sunday Sep 24 -- sign up to attend and to provide a potluck dish, or contact Julie Walker at (214) 926-9808.
(11) Blessing of the Animals -- Saturday Oct 07... Please pick up some flyers and distribute them around to let other know about this event!
(12) Caregivers Ministry -- A Family in Need... A Hope family, through no fault of their own, is currently homeless. If you'd like to contribute to help this family, make your check payable to Caregivers--Family A -- for college support, make your check payable to Caregivers--Education and those funds will be paid directly to the university. Remember that Caregivers provides food, transportation, companionship and other services to our own parishioners in times of need. For more information, contact Dotty Ruthven at 270-1332. Thank you!
(13) cnect (Group Purchasing Organization)... Hope has become a member of cnect (a no-fee wholesale warehouse type organization). We get a good discount on certain contract items at Office Depot. The church just purchased a case (10 reams) of 8-1/2 x 14 white paper for $47.64 (free next day delivery & tax free). Good deals also available for 8-1/2 x 14 ivory and 8-1/2 x 11 white. Anyone wishing to donate paper to the church, keep this in mind. Thank you!
(14) Reminder... please do NOT force the handicap door to close -- it will close on its own. We need to avoid motor damage.
Our regular programming...
(1) Eucharist Services Sunday Aug 27 and Sep 03 at 10:00 AM
-- Children's Sunday School begins Sunday Sep 10th at 9:45 AM
(2) Intercessory Prayer Group meets each Wednesday downstairs in Classroom A from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (optional study from 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM)
(3) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM downstairs in Classroom B.
In His Love,
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116