Firsts and foremosts...
(1) CHANGE TO HOPE'S VISIT TO THE ROCK !!! FOR OUR VISIT ON DEC 08 ONLY... we have asked to serve BREAKFAST instead of lunch -- being there from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM. Please contact Gail Hartman at 797-7107 ASAP to let her know if you are able to help at this changed time !!
(2) Sunday Forum (Belief Buffet) -- the final session of this teaching will be this Sunday Dec 03 in Classroom A from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM.
(3) THIS SUNDAY IS STOREHOUSE SUNDAY when we'll be collecting canned proteins, diapers (sizes 2-3-4), baby food and cash or checks (payable to Hope with Storehouse on the memo line).
(4) Men's Monthly Fellowship will be held on Tuesday Dec 05 from 6:15 PM for dinner to 8:00 PM. They'll continue their study of St. Peter. For more information, contact David Dixon at 292-2792.
(5) Advent -- Wednesday Study Series -- Surprised by Hope -- a DVD series by N. T. Wright will be presented at Hope each Wednesday at 7:00 PM during Advent (Dec 06, 13 and 20). This weekly gathering will NOT be a soup-supper. Please join us!!
(6) Services Honoring Chaplain Ted Howden (Priest+Soldier+Martyr of Bataan) will be held at 4 NM Episcopal churches at 11:00 AM on Monday Dec 11 (in ABQ: Cathedral of St. John).
(7) DID YOU KNOW ??
-- Smith's Grocery Stores has a Community Rewards Program and Hope is a participant. You can go online and update your rewards card account to ensure Hope is listed to receive the benefit of your purchases!
-- Amazon.com has an Amazon Associates Rewards Program and Hope is a participant. Make your Amazon purchases through the Church website so Hope can reap some rewards !!
(8) Episcopal Veterans Fellowship... Presentation by military chaplain Fr. David Peters (author of Post Traumatic God: How the Church Cares for People Who've Been to Hell and Back) at St. Chad's Episcopal Church (7171 Tennyson NE 87122) on Saturday Dec 09. Breakfast (8:00 AM to 9:00 AM) and Presentation (9:00 AM to 11:30 AM) and Healing Ritual & Blessing of Veterans (11:30 AM to 12:30 PM). RSVP required at office @stchadsabq.org of 856-9200.
(9) 2017 Bible Challenge==>
-- Dec 04 (Ezekiel 30)
-- Dec 05 (Ezekiel 31)
-- Dec 06 (Ezekiel 32)
-- Dec 07 (Ezekiel 33)
-- Dec 08 (Ezekiel 34)
(10) Christmas Outreach -- Angel Tree gifts for children & Gift card for parent -- all gifts must be returned to the church no later than Sunday Dec 10. If you wish to contribute to the gift cards, make your check payable to Hope and put Christmas Outreach on the memo line.
(11) Christmas Poinsettias... offering envelopes are available in the entry corridor. Deadline Dec 18.
(12) New Mexico International School is holding their Fall Violin Concert at Hope on Friday Dec 08 (2 performances -- one in the AM and one in the PM). For more information, contact Red at the church.
Our regular programming...
(1) Eucharist Service -- Sunday Dec 03 at 10:00 AM
-- Children's Sunday School at 9:45 AM in Classroom E
(2) ALL ARE INVITED to the Adult Weekly Bible Study on Tuesday Dec 05 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center.
(3) Intercessory Prayer Group meets Wednesday Dec 06 (10:30 AM for study of Applied Christianity and 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM for prayer time).
(4) AA Open Step Study meets Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM downstairs in Classroom B.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116