Firsts & foremosts...
(1) This Sunday is Storehouse Sunday when we'll be collecting canned proteins, diapers (sizes 2-3-4), baby food and cash or checks (payable to Hope).
(2) Youth Group will meet this Sunday Feb 05 at 9:30 AM downstairs in Classroom D. Welcome back !!
(3) Men's Monthly Fellowship meets on Tuesday Feb 06 at 6:15 PM for dinner, fellowship and bible study in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center. Meal Cost = $5.00.
(4) Hope for the Hungry -- The Rock at Noonday... Hopesters are scheduled to serve lunch from 11:00 AM to about 1:30 PM on Friday Feb 09. Signup sheet is in the entry corridor.
(5) Acolyte Practice for youth and adults NEXT Sunday Feb 11 from 11:20 AM to 12:00 PM
(6) Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper Tuesday Feb 13 5:30 PM to 6:45 PM (Taize is the same evening, so we must be gone BEFORE 7:00 PM). Volunteer signup list is in the entry corridor. ATTENDANCE signup sheets are also in the entry corridor (sign up so we know how many to expect).
(7) Ash Wednesday Services Feb 14 at 12:00 PM and at 7:00 PM.
(8) Women's Lenten Outreach... This Women's Lenten Charity Event is scheduled for Saturday Feb 17 at 10:30 AM at the home of Linda Owens (1600 Camino de la Sierra NE 87112) who will provide a "brunch" meal. For the past 6 years, Linda has raised funds for Episcopal Relief & Development, specifically for micro-credit loans for women in third world countries, allowing them to start home businesses and provide for their families. Whether or not you attend, you can donate cash or check (payable to Hope with Episcopal Relief & Development on the memo line). RSVP to Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (302) 540-7878.
(9) Wednesday Lenten Soup Suppers & Teachings (A study of The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis) will commence on Feb 21 at 6:00 PM for supper and 7:00 PM for teachings. Signup lists are in the entry hall.
(10) SURVEYS prepared by a subgroup of Hope's SOLVENCY COMMITTEE are available in the entry corridor for completion -- targeting potential facilities use and activities.
Our regular programming...
(1) Eucharist Service Sunday Feb 04 at 10:00 AM
-- Children's Sunday School meets at 9:45 AM downstairs in Classroom E
(2) Weekly Adult Bible Stuch (The Temple in the City of God) meets Tuesday Feb 06 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center.
(3) Intercessory Prayer Group meets on Wednesday from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM downstairs in Classroom A.
(4) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 P.M. to 8:30 P.M. downstairs in Classroom B.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116