Firsts and foremosts...
(1) John Groves is now residing at Beehives Homes of Four Hills ==> 13450 Wenonah Ave. SE #102 in Albuquerque NM 87123. He does not have a phone in his room, but the main telephone number is (505) 591-7024. It's about a 20 minute drive from the Church. Take Tramway south of I-40 where Tramway turns into Wenonah.
(2) This Sunday is Birthday/Anniversary Sunday !!
(3) Acolyte practice for youth and adults will be this Sunday from 11:20 AM to 12:00 PM.
(4) Sale of Daffodils to benefit Presbyterian Hospice & Home Health Care -- we will be taking orders following the service on the next two Sundays -- bunch of 10 for $10, arrangement of 10 for $20 and arrangement of 20 for $35. Flowers will be delivered on Sunday Mar 18.
(5) Please SIGN UP TO ATTEND the Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper -- we need a count for food and for table setup !! SIGNUP LISTS ARE IN THE ENTRY CORRIDOR.
(6) Monthly Spiritual Fellowship will be held on Tuesday Feb 13 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center. This month, there will be a viewing and discussion of the second part of Act II of the play Women of the Gospel Witness Jesus.
(7) Intercessory Prayer Group WILL meet on Wednesday Feb 14 (10:30-11:00 AM for optional study and 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM for prayer time).
(8) Ash Wednesday services at Hope will be on Feb 14 at 12:00 PM (Rite I) and at 7:00 PM (Rite II). Please join us for this time of prayer as we enter the holy season of Lent.
(9) Women's Lenten Charity Event is scheduled for Saturday Feb 17 at 10:30 AM at the home of Linda Owens (1600 Camino de la Sierra NE 87112) who will provide a "brunch" meal. Donations by cash or check will be given to Episcopal Relief & Development, specifically for micro-credit loans for women in third world countries allowing them to start home businesses and provide for their families. WHETHER OR NOT YOU ATTEND, you can donate cash or check (payable to Hope in the Desert with ERD on the memo line). Those planning to attend -- RSVP to Linda at email@example.com or at (302) 540-7878.
Our regular programming...
(1) Eucharist Service Sunday Feb 11 at 10:00 AM
-- Youth Group meets at 9:30 AM downstairs in Classroom D
-- Children's Sunday School meets at 9:45 AM downstairs in Classroom E
(2) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM downstairs in Classroom B.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116