Firsts and foremosts...
(1) LENT & EASTER SCHEDULE...
-- Ash Wednesday services at Hope will be on Mar 01 at 12:00 PM (Rite I) and 7:00 PM (Rite II). Please join us for this time of prayer as we enter the holy season of Lent.
-- No altar flowers during Lent. In acknowledgement of the penitential nature of the Lenten season, there will be no altar flowers until the Easter lilies for the Easter services.
-- Women of the Gospel Witness Jesus (a 3-act play written and directed by Deacon Jane Ross, performances by Hope women) will be performed here at Hope on Friday Apr 07 at 7:00 PM.
-- Other Lenten Information LISTED HERE.
(2) Donations to Bishop William & Barbara Frey Scholarship Fund will be THIS SUNDAY from non-designated loose plate or specific donations -- for partial support of DRG seminarians.
(3) Acolyte Practice after the service on Sunday.
(4) STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS TO HELP IN THE NURSERY, CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL, AND TO TAKE THE LEAD FOR YOUTH GROUP BEGINNING IN SEPTEMBER.
(5) Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper is set for Tuesday Feb 28 from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM. Sign up on Sunday to attend and/or volunteer!
(6) Vestry Meeting will be held on Tuesday Feb 28 at 7:00 PM. If you'd like to attend, you are welcome!
(7) Prayer Group will NOT MEET on Ash Wednesday.
(8) Outreach & Evangelism Opportunity at Hope !! In keeping with our vision of growing and nurturing, we are orchestrating a large-scale food drive to benefit The Storehouse, inviting our Hope neighbors to deliver food items to Hope on Saturday Mar 11 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. As donations arrive, we'll invite families to stop, see our church and ask questions -- hoping to spark their curiosity about all the wonderful amenities we have to offer. Volunteers Needed -- deliver flyers to our neighbors on Tuesday Mar 07 and Wednesday Mar 08 -- to be on-site on Saturday Mar 11 to greet donors and offer information about Hope. For more information or to volunteer, contact Sheri Miller at 228-3250.
(9) Rehearsal: Women of the Gospel Witness Jesus -- this Sunday Feb 26 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM -- focus on Act II (Scene IV).
(10) Caregivers still in need of twin headboard, sheet set and mattress pad, dresser, microwave-safe dishes and tableware.
(11) 2017 Bible Challenge (PLEASE NOTE that I forgot to change them in this Sunday's bulletin)
-- Feb 27 (Psalm 41)
-- Feb 28 (Psalm 42)
-- Mar 01 (Psalm 43)
-- Mar 02 (Psalm 44)
-- Mar 03 (Psalm 45)
Our regular programming...
(1) Eucharist Service -- Sunday Feb 28 at 10:00 AM
-- Youth Group meets at 9:00 AM downstairs in Classroom D
-- Children's Sunday School meets at 9:45 AM downstairs in Classroom
-- A CHILD'S WHITE DENIM-TYPE JACKET WAS LEFT IN THE ENTRY LAST SUNDAY !!
(2) Weekly Bible Study (David: More than a Conqueror) meets Tuesday from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center.
(3) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM downstairs in Classroom B.
See you Sunday !!
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
Hope In The Desert, Episcopal Church
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30am-2:30pm