Firsts and foremosts...
(1) Memorial Service for Patricia Pacheco tomorrow (Saturday Jan 21) at 2:00 PM here at Hope. A reception will follow.
(2) Need volunteers to help in the nursery and for Children's Sunday School. Contact Michelle Stibick at 850-4324 or call Red at the Church.
(3) "Women of the Gospel Witness Jesus" -- a play written and directed by Deacon Jane Ross (performances by Hope women) will be performed here at Hope on Friday Apr 07 at 7:00 PM. The first three TABLE REHEARSALS are scheduled for this Sunday Jan 22 downstairs in Rev. Ruth's office following the service and either Tuesday (Jan 24) or Wednesday (Jan 25) at 1:30 PM at the Church.
(4) Monthly Vestry Meeting will be on Tuesday Jan 24 at 7:00 PM in the Hope entry hall. If you'd like to attend, you are welcome!
(5) Annual Congregational Meeting will be held on Sunday Jan 29 immediately following the service. MINISTRY REPORTS ARE DUE TO RED NO LATER THAN MONDAY JAN 23 !!
(6) 2017 Bible Challenge for next week:
-- Jan 23 (Psalm 16)
-- Jan 24 (Psalm 17)
-- Jan 25 (Psalm 18)
-- Jan 26 (Psalm 19)
-- Jan 27 (Psalm 20)
(7) Church Pictorial Directory Coming Soon !! If you have a family photo, please provide it to Red in .jpg format. If you'd like, Linda Owens will be taking photos downstairs in Classroom A before & after the service on Sunday Feb 05 -- 12 -- 19. Contact Linda Owens at (302) 540-7878 to set up a time on one of those days.
(8) Memorial Service for Carol Smith will be held at Central United Methodist Church (201 University Blvd. NE, ABQ 87106) at 3:00 PM on Saturday Feb 04.
Our regular programming...
(1) Sunday Eucharist Service -- Sunday Jan 22 at 10:00 AM
-- Youth Group meets at 9:00 AM downstairs in Classroom D
-- Children's Sunday School meets at 9:45 AM downstairs in Classroom E
(2) Weekly Bible Study (David: More than a Conqueror) meets Tuesday Jan 24 at 10:00 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center.
(3) Prayer Group meets each Wednesday from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM downstairs in Classroom A.
(4) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM downstairs in Classroom B.
In His Love,
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
Hope In The Desert, Episcopal Church
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30am-2:30pm