Firsts and foremosts...
(1) New Mexico International School has honored Hope by presenting us with a piece of artwork created by the students in thanks and recognition for Hope opening its doors to them when they have need of a large space for a function. For example, today, they are holding their semi-annual violin concert. On May 24, they are holding their annual graduation exercises. The artwork consists of an actual branch holding origami butterflies -- for letting them sit on our branches. We'll try to have it on display for Sunday.
(2) This Sunday, we celebrate MOTHER'S DAY in addition to Birthday/Anniversary Sunday !!
(3) Our Junior Warden has requested that we all be aware that ONLY toilet tissue should be flushed down our toilets. Anything else (hand towels, etc.) should be deposited in the wastebaskets. We have had several stuffed up toilets -- and a few are now running slow, requiring us to engage a plumber to snake them out.
(4) Please remember we don't want to put strain on the motor of our new handicap door mechanism -- so, please do not force close the door -- it closes on its own.
(5) Daughters of the King meet on Tuesday May 16 at 1:30 PM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center. They'll pray and continue their study of Women of the Bible.
(6) Cursillo Weekend at the Bosque Center will be held Thursday Jul 13 for dinner through Sunday Jul 16 following the Closing at 2:00 PM. Applications and other information can be found on our website. For further information, contact Carol Fierro at 265-3621.
(7) Hope for the Hungry -- Two Different Ministries -- Serving Two Different Groups. Donations of food and cash to The Storehouse are for the NEEDY in our community. Donations to The Rock at Noonday provide food and services to the HOMELESS in our community. Please remember that BOTH ministries need our help !!
(8) NEXT SUNDAY (May 21), we honor our 2017 High School Graduates -- Hannah Bernhart, Sara Kuuttila, Katiana Perner & Sapphire Persinger.
(9) Vacation Bible School at Hope will be held from Monday Jul 17 through Friday Jul 21 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM for ages kindergarten to 5th grade. Snacks will be provided. No cost to attend. We'll hold a family evening on Friday Jul 21 at 7:00 PM for the families to attend a special performance put on by the children; and, on Thursday at 10:00 AM, there will be a bible study here at the church for any interested parents to attend. For more information, contact Michelle Stibick at 850-4324. We will need some volunteers for the Friday family evening -- to provide some some refreshments and to act as Hope Ambassadors to our guests.
(10) 2017 Bible Challenge:
-- May 15 (Psalm 96)
-- May 16 (Psalm 97)
-- May 17 (Psalm 98)
-- May 18 (Psalm 99)
-- May 19 (Psalm 100)
Our regular programming...
(1) Sunday Eucharist -- Sunday May 14 at 10:00 AM
-- Youth Group will meet in Classroom D at 9:30 AM instead of 9:00 AM (have breakfast with your Mom!!)
-- Children's Sunday School meets at 9:45 AM in Classroom E
(2) Weekly Bible Study meets on Tuesday May 16 at 10:00 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center, continuing on their topic: David, More than a Conqueror.
(3) Prayer Group meets each Wednesday from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM downstairs in Classroom A. Anyone desiring to pray (or learn to pray) is invited!
(4) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM downstairs in Classroom B.
SEE YOU SUNDAY !!
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
Hope In The Desert, Episcopal Church
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30am-2:30pm