Firsts and foremosts...
(1) Instructions concerning our new handicap door... The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that a handicap door remain open a certain number of seconds -- from the time the door is opened to the time it securely closes is approximately 30 seconds. To save wear on the mechanism, DO NOT FORCE THE DOOR TO CLOSE !! ALLOW IT TO CLOSE ON ITS OWN !!
-- FOR THOSE WHO HAVE A KEY AND AN ALARM CODE -- WHEN LEAVING THE BUILDING, ENTER YOUR CODE AND EXIT THE BUILDING RIGHT AWAY -- WAITING FOR THE ALARM SYSTEM TO "VERIFY" YOUR CODE WILL NOT GIVE ENOUGH TIME TO FOR THE DOOR TO OPEN THEN CLOSE BEFORE THE ALARM SETS.
(2) Loose Plate Offering this Sunday is designated to be donated to the Camp Stoney Scholarship Fund.
(3) This Sunday is STOREHOUSE SUNDAY when we'll be collecting canned proteins, diapers (sizes 2-3-4), baby food and cash or checks (payable to Hope with Storehouse on the memo line). Please remember those families who are in need of food assistance!!
(4) This Sunday is YOUTH SUNDAY !!
(5) Women's Monthly Fellowship will be on Tuesday May 09 at 10:00 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center. Guest this month is Dotty Ruthven who will read some of her spiritual poetry and engage in discussions about them. If you are able to attend, please let Elizabeth Baca or Dotty know so that Dotty will have enough copies for the group.
(6) Something's Brewing !! Set for Tuesday May 09 at The Whole Hog (9880 Montgomery Blvd. NE).
(7) Training Group for Home Bible Study Leaders is scheduled for Wednesday May 10 at 7:00 PM at the home of Fr. Dan & Michele Tuton.
(8) Hope for the Hungry -- THE ROCK is scheduled for Friday May 12 at 11:00 AM. Signup sheet is in the entry hall !!
(9) Thanks to all who contributed to the Women's Play free will offering !! The $700 collected has been donated to Heifer ($250), Rock at Noonday ($150), the Storehouse ($150) and Camp Stoney Scholarship Fund.
(10) Cursillo Weekend 2017... Thursday Jul 13 at 5:30 PM for dinner through Sunday Jul 16 at the Bosque Center. Cost for the weekend is $175 and includes all meals (dinner Thursday through lunch on Sunday) and lodging. Closing will be at 2:00 PM on Sunday Jul 16. Please join us for the Closing -- the 4th day community is needed to support the new Cursillistas as they begin their own 4th day. New attendees must have a sponsor, and Hope has several individuals who can act as sponsor. The application to attend can be found on our website www.hopepiscopal.org. For more information, contact Carol Fierro at 265-3621.
(11) Vacation Bible School 2017 will be held Monday Jul 17 through Friday Jul 21 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. No cost to attend (snacks will be provided). Registration form can be found on our website www.hopepiscopal.org. IN ADDITION, we'll have a family evening on Friday Jul 21 at 7:00 PM for the families to watch a puppet show put on by the children (refreshments will be provided). On Thursday at 10:00 AM, there will be a bible study here at the church for any interested family member to attend. For more information, contact Michelle Stibick at 850-4324. Volunteers will be needed for the Friday evening refreshments and to be on hand to welcome the families.
(12) 2017 Bible Challenge...
-- May 08 (Psalm 91)
-- May 09 (Psalm 92)
-- May 10 (Psalm 93)
-- May 11 (Psalm 94)
-- May 12 (Psalm 95)
Our regular programming...
(1) Sunday Eucharist this Sunday May 09 at 10:00 AM.
-- YOUTH GROUP WILL NOT MEET THIS SUNDAY
-- Children's Sunday School will meet at 9:45 AM downstairs in Classroom E
(2) Prayer Group meets each Wednesday from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM downstairs in Classroom A.
(3) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 AM downstairs in Classroom B.
SEE YOU SUNDAY !!
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
Hope In The Desert, Episcopal Church
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30am-2:30pm