Some reminders... Some news...
REMEMBER TO TURN YOUR CLOCKS BACK 1 HOUR SATURDAY NIGHT !!
Firsts & foremosts...
(1) All Saints Sunday -- this Sunday -- remember to bring photograph/s of your deceased loved one/s to place on the altar under the window. Come early enough to place the photo/s on the altar.
(2) STOREHOUSE SUNDAY -- this Sunday !! We're collecting canned proteins, diapers (sizes 2-3-4), baby food and cash or checks (payable to Hope) to be donated to the Storehouse.
(3) Sunday Forum RESUMES Sunday from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM downstairs in Classroom A -- BUFFET BELIEF: A Comparison of the Christian Faith to Other Worldviews.
(4) Congregational Meeting this Sunday Nov 05 immediately following the service -- brief but important meeting to discuss the current status of Hope's budget for 2017 and 2018 and our unfolding plans to assume a greater portion of our mortgage payments over the next two years, as directed by the Diocese. We strongly encourage all to stay for the meeting.
(5) Men's Monthly Fellowship meets Tuesday Nov 07 from 6:15 PM (for dinner) to 8:00 PM (fellowship & bible study). Dinner cost = $5.00. For more information, contact David Dixon at 292-2792.
(6) Hope for the Hungry -- The Rock -- next visit by Hope will be on Friday Nov 10 at 11:00 AM. Sign up sheet in the entry corridor.
(7) Stewardship Sunday -- NEXT SUNDAY Nov 12 -- when we'll celebrate our commitments of time, talent & treasure by offering our pledge cards at the altar at the end of the service. Then, we'll share bring-your-favorite-dish potluck luncheon. The Church will provide the beverages.
(8) Ladies' Afternoon Tea & Silent Auction/Arts & Crafts -- SATURDAY Nov 18 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM -- sip hot tea, enjoy savory tea sandwiches, savor a fresh-baked scone with Devonshire cream or Strawberry preserves, nibble on delicate desserts -- bid on the many unique Silent Auction items -- purchase hand-crafted arts & crafts. Tickets on sale now!
(9) Thanksgiving Service -- Thursday Nov 23 at 10:00 AM.
(10) Alone for Thanksgiving? Elizabeth Baca has offered to cook the turkey at her home on Thanksgiving Day -- come & bring a side! Let her know if you are interested in attending at Leezbet75@yahoo.com or at 604-0412.
(11) 2017 Bible Challenge...
-- Nov 06 (Ezekiel 8)
-- Nov 07 (Ezekiel 9)
-- Nov 08 (Ezekiel 10)
-- Nov 09 (Ezekiel 11)
-- Nov 10 (Ezekiel 12)
(12) Should Hope in the Desert Episcopal Church be included in your Will? If you have any questions, talk to David Dixon or Fr. Dan.
Our regular programming...
(1) Eucharist Service -- Sunday Nov 05 at 10:00 AM
-- Children's Sunday School meets at 9:45 AM downstairs in Classroom E
(2) ALL ARE INVITED to attend the ADULT WEEKLY BIBLE STUDY on Tuesday Nov 07 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center -- studying the story of King David from II Samuel.
(3) Intercessory Prayer Group meets each Wednesday downstairs in Classroom A at 10:30 AM (optional study re Applied Christianity) and from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM for prayer time.
(4) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM downstairs in Classroom B.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116