Firsts and foremosts...
(1) This Sunday Oct 29...
-- SUNDAY FORUM IS CANCELLED !! Will continue NEXT week (Nov 5)
-- Guest Preacher: The Rev. Russell Lee who will give his message on the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation
(2) Celebration of ALL SAINTS DAY (next Sunday Nov 05) -- You are invited to provide a photograph(s) of a departed loved one who shined the light of Christ into your life or the life of this church. Please arrive early enough to set up the photo on the "back altar" underneath the sanctuary window.
(3) CONGREGATIONAL MEETING ... A brief but important congregational meting will be held next Sunday Nov 05 immediately following the service. We will be discussing the current status of Hope's budget for 2017 and 2018 and our unfolding plans to assume a greater portion of our mortgage payments over the next two years, as directed by the Diocese. We strongly encourage all parishioners to attend.
(4) Treasurer's Report... The Vestry and Finance Committee continue to keep a watchful eye on our cash flow situation, and we want to thank everyone for their generous giving this year. We are financially on track for this year and have been able to replenish a good portion of our Operating Reserve fund which was nearly depleted at the end of 2016. On the other hand, to meet our mortgage obligation to the Diocese during 2017, we have had to deplete our capital account by $1,000 per month.
(5) DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME ENDS NEXT SUNDAY NOV 05... REMEMBER TO TURN YOUR CLOCKS BACK ONE HOUR BEFORE YOU RETIRE THE NIGHT BEFORE.
(6) NEXT SUNDAY NOV 05 is STOREHOUSE SUNDAY when we'll be collecting canned proteins, baby food, diapers (sizes 2-3-4) and cash or checks payable to Hope (Storehouse on the memo line).
(7) STEWARDSHIP RENEWAL FOR 2018... Brochures and pledge cards have been mailed out (extra ones on the table in the entry corridor). STEWARDSHIP SUNDAY will be on Sunday Nov 12 when pledge cards will be collected, and we'll celebrate with a bring-your-favorite-food pot luck luncheon!
(8) Ladies' Afternoon Tea - Silent Auction - Arts & Crafts -- Saturday Nov 18 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM. Tickets on sale now!! Bidding closes at 3:00 PM. At 2:30 PM, men and women alike who did not attend the Tea are invited to stop by and bid on one or more items.
(9) School for Healing Prayer (Level I) commences Monday Jan 28 through Thursday Feb 01. For more information, contact Deborah Tischler at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 323-4098.
(10) Thanksgiving Day Service -- Thursday Nov 23 at 10:00 AM.
(11) Alone for Thanksgiving? Elizabeth Baca has offered to cook the turkey at her home on Thanksgiving Day Nov 23 -- come a bring a side! Let Elizabeth know if you are interested in attending at email@example.com or at 604-0412.
(12) 2017 Bible Challenge--
-- Oct 30 (Ezekiel 3)
-- Oct 31 (Ezekiel 4)
-- Nov 01 (Ezekiel 5)
-- Nov 02 (Ezekiel 6)
-- Nov 03 (Ezekiel 7)
Our regular programming...
(1) Eucharistic Service Sunday Oct 29 at 10:00 AM
-- Children's Sunday School meets at 9:45 AM downstairs in Classroom E.
(2) All Invited -- MEN & WOMEN -- Adult Weekly Bible Study on Tuesday Oct 31 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM -- continuing the story of King David from I Samuel.
(3) Intercessory Prayer Group meets each Wednesday downstairs in Classroom. 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM (optional study: Applied Christianity). 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (usual prayer time).
(4) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM downstairs in Classroom B.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116