Firsts and foremosts...
(1) Ladies' Afternoon Tea Fundraiser is set for Saturday Nov 18 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM here at Hope. A flyer is attached to this email with details. During the Tea, a Silent Auction will also be taking place. Beautiful, unique items and services will be presented as well as hand-crafted arts & crafts for sale. Prices to fit every budget! Tickets on sale each Sunday before the after the service. Seating is limited!! Auction items can viewed on our website beginning Oct 15 (photos updated weekly). BE SURE TO PICK UP AN INVITATION CARD FROM THE ENTRY TO PASS ON TO OTHERS!!
(2) Blessing of the Animals set for tomorrow Saturday Oct 07 at 10:00 AM in the Hope courtyard. Invite family and friends!!
(3) Sunday Oct 08 --
-- BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY SUNDAY !! Be sure to come for a blessing and some cake !!
-- Sunday Forum -- Belief Buffet (a comparison of the Christian Faith to Other Worldviews) from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM downstairs in Classroom A.
-- Acolyte Practice for youth and adults will be held immediately after the service
(4) Adult Monthly Fellowship & Bible Study meets Tuesday Oct 10 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center. Join us for refreshments, fellowship time and a teaching. GUEST SPEAKER: Cindy David who will speak on The Thread of Scarlet. Cindy is a 12-time author of novels based on women of the bible. She presides over the DRG chapter of the Daughters of the King and is also the DRG president for women's events. For more information, contact Elizabeth Baca at 604-0412 or at email@example.com.
(5) Something's Brewing will meet on Wednesday Oct 10 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at The Whole Hog (9880 Montgomery Blvd. NE (near Eubank).
(6) Hope for the Hungry -- The Rock is set for Friday Oct 13 at 11:00 AM. Signup sheet is in the entry corridor. Please note: Gail will be unavailable -- we need someone to take the $150 donation check. The check will be signed this Sunday.
(7) Ministry Leadership Breakfast Meeting is set for Saturday Oct 14 at 8:30 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center. All ministry leaders are strongly encouraged to attend.
(8) Free Flu Shots from Albertsons Savon Pharmacy will be available at Hope on Sunday Oct 22. If you have medical insurance, please bring your card with you.
(9) School for Healing Prayer (Level I) commences Monday Jan 28 through Thursday Feb 01. Class size limited to 12 students, so register early! Additional information, topics and the application can be found in the entry corridor on our website. For more information, contact Deborah Tischler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-4098.
(10) Donations for Borderland Ministry... Items of non-perishable foods, jackets, hoodies and other clothing, toiletries, etc. will be collected here at Hope through Sunday Oct 15 to delivery by our clergy to the Diocesan Convention. Please place your donations in bags for each transporting.
(11) STEWARDSHIP RENEWAL FOR FISCAL YEAR 2018 is coming up soon. It's a time for prayerful consideration of our pledges for next year. In a few weeks, a pledge card and information concerning our financial needs for next year will be mailed out to each family.
(12) 2017 Bible Challenge...
-- Oct 09 (Ecclesiastes 8)
-- Oct 10 (Ecclesiastes 9)
-- Oct 11 (Ecclesiastes 10)
-- Oct 12 (Ecclesiastes 11)
-- Oct 13 (Ecclesiastes 12)
(13) A Special Request re Fragrances... We all love a little nice smelling aromas, but some people's systems don't react favorably to heavy fragrances. As a special request, we ask that you remember "a little dab'll do ya."
Our regular programming...
(1) Eucharist Service Sunday Oct 08 at 10:00 AM
-- Children's Sunday School meets at 9:45 AM downstairs in Classroom E
(2) Intercessory Prayer Group meets each Wednesday downstairs in Classroom A. From 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM, there will be an optional study and discussion of Applied Christianity. The usual prayer time continues from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM. For more information, contact Dotty Ruthven at 270-1332.
(3) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM downstairs in Classroom B.
A Gentle Reminder from Fr. Dan...
From time to time, it become helpful to remind us all that Sundays are a day of worship -- not only for parishioners, but for clergy and staff as well. Lately, we have been dealing with a high volume of requests to intervene with business-related matters before and after Sunday services -- which interferes with our ability to focus on worship, as well as our availability to fellowship with each other during Fellowship Hour following the service. Therefore, especially on behalf of our Deacon and Parish Administrator (along with other volunteer church officers), I would like to request that business matters (unless of a very urgent nature) be communicated during regular weekday office hours.
I also would like to remind everyone that, most weeks, I only get one full day off -- usually on Monday. Except for very urgent matters, I would ask that phone calls, texts and emails wait for an office weekday. It takes very few interruptions on a Monday for it to feel like just another workday.
Thank you in advance for your consideration; we appreciate it very much.
Love and blessings to you all,
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116