Firsts and foremosts...
(1) This Sunday Sep 10
-- Children's Sunday School starts for the year. WELCOME BACK !!
-- Birthday/Anniversary Sunday -- be sure to come for a blessing and some cake!}
-- Acolyte Practice (youth & adults) -- following the service
(2) Adult Monthly Fellowship & Bible Study meets the second Tuesday of each month during the school year from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center. ALL ARE INVITED to our first meeting (Sep 12) for refreshments, fellowship time and a teaching on THE SECRET OF THE WIDOW'S MITE. Come and SHOW & TELL about your favorite charities! For more information, contact Elizabeth Baca at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-0412.
(3) Daughters of the King will get together for their first meeting of the school year on Tuesday Sep 19 -- for a potluck luncheon at the home of Judie Carder. For more information, contact Anne Lane at 856-3394.
(4) Celebration luncheon -- Father Dan's 10 years at Hope -- Sunday Sep 24. Church will provide beverages & cake.
(5) The Storehouse offers MORE than just food !! See the letter we just received posted on the bulletin board in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center.
(6) Blessing of the Animals... Saturday Oct 07 at 10:00 AM at Hope. Spread the word!! Take some flyers to put around !! Flyers in the entry corridor.
(7) Abundant Life Retreats 2018... Applications will be available later this month and will be accepted by the Church beginning October 01.
(8) Calling all Cursillistas... and everyone else to attend an ULTREYA on Saturday Sep 23 at St. John's Cathedral. It will begin at 12:00 PM with a potluck and end at 2:30 PM. For more information, contact Carol Fierro at 265-3621.
(9) Dinners for Eight is starting up again October to January. Each group of eight (couples or singles) meets monthly for a potluck dinner (host/ess providing main course, others providing complementary dishes --- appetizers, salads, desserts). If you are not able to "host," sign up anyway -- we'll work around it! This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know other Hopesters better, away from the hustle bustle of Sunday mornings. Signup sheet is in the entry corridor. For more information, contact Linda Evans at (302) 540-7878 or email@example.com.
(10) International Order of St. Luke Healing Conference: Restoring Wholeness (focus on post-traumatic stress) Thursday & Friday Sep 28-29 at the MCM Elegants Hotel/Event Center (2020 Menaul Blvd. NE). Early registration $80.00 (before Sep 14 -- $100.00 after (includes refreshments & lunch both days). Registration forms in entry corridor. For more information, contact Daveen Green at 922-4952.
(11) 2017 Bible Challenge...
-- Sep 11 (Proverbs 19)
-- Sep 12 (Proverbs 20)
-- Sep 13 (Proverbs 21)
-- Sep 14 (Proverbs 22)
-- Sep 15 (Proverbs 23)
Our regular programming...
(1) Eucharist -- Sunday Sep 10 at 10:00 AM
-- Children's Sunday School at 9:45 AM downstairs in Classroom E
(2) Intercessory Prayer Group meets each Wednesday downstairs in Classroom A. From 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM, there will be an optional study and discussion time devoted to Exploring Intercessory Prayer. The usual prayer time continues from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM. We welcome anyone who has a desire to pray. For more information, contact Dotty Ruthven at 270-1332.
(3) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM downstairs in Classroom B.
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116