Father Dan & Michele were moved beyond words by the beautiful 10th Anniversary celebration and generous gift from the amazing people of Hope. They wish to express their deepest love and gratitude to each and every one of you.
Firsts and foremosts...
(1) This Sunday -- Oct 01
-- STOREHOUSE SUNDAY when we'll be collecting canned proteins, diapers (sizes 2-3-4), baby food and cash or checks (payable to Hope) to be donated to The Storehouse.
-- SUNDAY FORUM: Belief Buffet -- a comparison of the Christian faith to other worldviews -- meets from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM downstairs in Classroom A.
-- Dinners for Eight -- this Sunday is the LAST Sunday to sign up. If you won't be at church and wish to be a part, contact Linda Owens at (302) 540-7878 or at email@example.com.
(2) Men's Monthly Fellowship meets Tuesday Oct 03 from 6:15 PM to 8:00 PM for dinner and fellowship in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center. Meal cost = $5.00. They'll continue their study of St. Peter and his instructions to husbands and wives for living Godly lives. For more information, contact David Dixon at 292-2792.
(3) Blessing of the Animals (celebrating the feast day of St. Francis) on Saturday Oct 07 at 10:00 AM at Hope. Invite neighbors & friends to bring their pets to be blessed!
(4) Flu Shots available at Hope from Albertsons Savon Pharmacy on Sunday Oct 22. If you have medical insurance, please bring your card with you.
(5) Donations for Borderland Ministry... items of non-perishable foods, jackets, hoodies and other clothing, toiletries, etc. will be collected here at Hope through Oct 15 for delivery by our clergy to the Diocesan Convention. Please place your donation in bags for easy transporting. A list of specific items is posted on the bulletin board in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center. Cash donations should be made payable to Hope in the Desert with Borderland Ministry on the memo line.
(6) Stewardship Renewal for Fiscal Year 2018 is coming up soon! It's a time for prayerful consideration of our pledges for next year. In the next few weeks, a pledge card and information concerning our financial needs for next year will be mailed out to each family. This year's time for renewal will end on Stewardship Sunday (date to be announced) when we'll celebrate with a "bring your favorite food" potluck luncheon!
(7) School for Healing Prayer (Level I) commences Monday Jan 26 through Thursday Feb 01. Class size is limited to 12 -- so register early! Additional information, topics and the application can be found in the entry corridor or on the Church website. Cost is $250 per person (includes tuition, a manual and lunch for all four days). For more information, contact Deborah Tischler at datischler@msn or at 323-4098.
(8) SHOULD HOPE IN THE DESERT BE INCLUDED IN YOUR WILL? If you have any questions, talk to Fr. Dan or David Dixon.
(9) 2017 Bible Challenge...
-- Oct 02 (Ecclesiastes 3)
-- Oct 03 (Ecclesiastes 4)
-- Oct 04 (Ecclesiastes 5)
-- Oct 05 (Ecclesiastes 6)
-- Oct 06 (Ecclesiastes 7)
(10) SAVE THE DATE !! Saturday Nov 11 !! Ladies Tea, Silent Auction & Arts/Crafts Sale !!
Our regular programming...
(1) Eucharist -- Sunday Oct 01 -- 10:00 AM
-- Children's Sunday School meets at 9:45 AM on Sunday morning
(2) Adult Weekly Bible Study: Temple in the City of God: II Samuel meets each Tuesday (except second Tuesday of each month) during the school year from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM in the Adrienne Perner Visiting Center -- continuing their study of King David.
(3) Intercessory Prayer Group meets each Wednesday downstairs in Classroom A. From 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM, there will be an optional study and discussion of Applied Christianity. The usual prayer time continues from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
(4) AA Open Step Study meets each Wednesday from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM downstairs in Classroom B.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Hope+in+the+Desert is an intergenerational, Christ-centered community that welcomes everyone, no matter where you are in your spiritual search. I trust that you will feel God's joyful presence in our church and in its people.
Fr. Dan Tuton, Rector
Holy Eucharist, 10:00am
Children's Sunday School, 9:45AM
Youth Group, 9:00AM (Classroom D)
Child care provided
8700 Alameda Blvd. NE (Hope Plaza)
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Office: (505) 830-0572
Fax: (505) 821-3116